Monday, June 18, 2012

Panic training kick off!

Following dinner yesterday evening I made a spur of the moment decision to kick off my training for the C2C by going out for a gentle ride on my mountain bike in Thetford forest.

I said in my last post that I haven't riden for a year so planned to take it easy which I did until I decided to take in a lap of the red trail at High Lodge. Within minutes I was riding pretty much at maximum speed and sustained this until I got home 90 minutes later. This was not the ride I had planned but felt fantastic. I was totally destroyed and ached big time this morning but enjoyed it so much. I'm going to try to get a few more evenings in during the week between now and September.

To get some regular saddle time clocked up I'm going to start taking my bike to Cambridge in the car and ride in and out of the city each day. It's only a 6 mile round trip but won't do any harm. I did it for a while a few months ago but haven't recently as I damaged my achilles which was nothing to do with cycling.

This should do to start with along with a ride for a couple of hours over the weekends if I can squeeze it in.

I've also been shedding the pounds (10 lbs so far) which I need to do and will also help with the training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home