Wednesday, September 19, 2012

.......but it's not over!!!!!

This was not in the plan. After I'd had a rest at the seafront in Roker I started looking at how I was going to get to Newcastle Central station in the morning and for somewhere to stay.

My worst fears were confirmed. There is no way of getting me and my bike the 14 miles to the station using public transport.

In a moment of madness I decided to ride there today. What was I thinking? I phoned ahead to book a hotel before i left and then set off.

To make matters worse my iPhone battery died 10 mins after setting off so I had no idea how to get there. So I went old school and followed the signposts until I got to Central station. I then asked a driver at the taxi rank where the hotel was and I arrived about 90 mins after leaving Roker.

I am now exhausted. That make today's total around 47 miles and today was supposed to be an easy run in!!!!

Still I'm now done and am going to get showed up and head down for something to eat and maybe a beer or two ;)

From the picture you can see that I won't be slumming it tonight!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home