Saturday, July 28, 2012

No train home and a hard week of training

It's been a very busy week. Last weekend Aaron came over and we got a couple of 2 hour rides in. One on road and the other some fun off road on back to back days.

I didn't feel too bad although Aaron did suffer a bit.

Since then I got a ride in Monday morning and was beginning to think that would be it for the rest of the week until last night. I got to Cambridge station to come home to find out my train was cancelled because of signal failure. The information desk said they didn't know if the next train would be running which was in another hour. So I decided to take the next train to Ely and ride home from there.

Once I'd got on the train I fired up google maps to discover that would be a 20 mile ride in my work clothes and the sun :( I dropped into Tesco at Ely for a couple of bottles of water and a snack and set off. It was a lot further than it seems in the car but I rode on and did it in about 90 minutes with a couple of quick stops for a drink.

Today I ache a lot. Riding without cycle shorts and trainers/cycle shoes and gloves over that distance made it a much less pleasurable experience than it could of been.

Still I've got in a long unplanned training ride so it's not all bad. I'll try to get out tomorrow.

All in all training is not going too bad but I still feel like the C2C is going to be a big ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home