Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Energy and Recovery drinks

I've been playing with energy and recovery fuel over the last week.

For Goodness Shakes recovery shakes seem to work very well. They're low fat and loaded with carbs and a bit of protein. They're pretty easy to digest too although a bit sweet. I've got a big box of these so plan to take a handful with me on the trip.

I've been using High5 Zero Electrolyte Tablets as my energy drink for training over the last month. Almost no nutritional value but they do keep you hydrated and have helped burn the fat. The neutral flavour works for me. I tried the flavoured extreme variant but this made me feel sick. However, for the C2C I need something carb loaded. I'm still looking around for something.

For food both on bike and recovery I've been using Powerbar products. They're easy enough to digest and don't taste too bad either.

So it's not going too bad. I'll do some fine tuning but I feel I'm getting there.

I plan to stop intensive training at the end of the weekend and do some light commute sessions next week before travelling on the Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home