Sunday, August 12, 2012

A "Week Off" the bike for holidays

We've just come back from our summer holidays in Cornwall which was excellent. We never took any bikes so I decided to try to keep my fitness levels up by doing some running instead.

I haven't run for about 3 month since I hurt my achillies so expectations were very low. Cornwall is a lot hillier than these parts which did not help. I put in a total of 4 sessions starting at 30 mins and increasing to just over 50 mins. To be honest this is far better than I could have hoped. Although the last run pushed me to the limit of my ability.

With this all behind me it's now a little over a month to go Neil we set off. I need to ramp up the training now and catch up with Aaron to see how his preparation I going.

I also need to start thinking about an inventory for the ride. I'm keen to keep the luggage to a minimum so I have room for a few spares and plenty of food and drink.

Now's the time to start experimenting with energy drinks and food too to see what I can tolerate the best.

Lots to do and think about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home