Sunday, September 16, 2012

Very very very wet!

Ok I know the Lakes is not the sunniest spot on the planet but today was madness. It properly lashed it down up until mid afternoon. Roads, paths and trails were all running rivers.

My main panniers held back the torrent but my bar bag with it's "waterproof" cover was useless. I stopped at 2pm for lunch at whim latter visitors centre and everything in it was soaked including my iPhone, camera and wallet. The notes we just a solid lump of sodden paper. The girl in the cafe very kindly accepted a £10 note that I managed to peel off without tearing it.

My phone only started partially working a few minutes ago but it keeps going crazy, has no sound, misted camera lenses and a multi shaded screen. I hope it fully recovers.

Just about to eat dinner so will update on the day soon if the rain still works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home