Friday, September 7, 2012

Big ride to finish the week

I thought it was about time to see whether the training had paid off by putting in a long ride today. So I decided last night that I would ride home from work today which is a journey of about 33 miles.

I hadn't predicted the searing heat but bottled up plenty of energy drink and took a couple of energy bars. Google maps said it would take about 3 hours and 20 minutes but I managed to maintain an average speed of around 15mph finishing in just over 2 hours and 5 minutes. I really couldn't have asked for any better. It felt like a tempo that I could maintain comfortably which was probably down to the fact there was little in the way of hills.

Hopefully I'll be able to ride at a slower pace with a few stops on the C2C and get through the day in reasonable shape.

Anyway, that's the last big ride. On Sunday I plan to load the bike up and take it for a spin for about an hour to get used to the different handling. I'll do some easy going off road too so I have an idea of the handling differences.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home