Dried out
Today's weather could have been better and despite taking 45 mins to get out of Whitehaven it has been an amazing day.
The scenery in the Lakes has been breathtaking. I've tried taking pictures but not as many as I'd like because of the weather and not wanting to ruin my camera or phone. Although the latter clearly didn't work.
I've met some really nice people along the way who have been friendly and enthusiastic despite the weather.
The ride through Whinlatter forest was great fun although tricky in the wet and a fully loaded bikes.
I forgot I'd been there before with my mates on a mountain bike weekend about 6 years ago.
There was a charity ride on the area. There were plenty of people to chat to on the climbs for about an hour this morning.
Keswick is nice and I had a walk round some of Derwent Water before dinner.
I'm resting in my room trying to get my iPhone fully tried.
Today's ride was tough but I'd hoped to get a bit further. The trouble is that there's not many places to stay between Keswick and Penrith. I had no phone and could not guarantee finding somewhere to stay before Penrith which is over 20 miles away with some big climbs tomorrow.
I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow but am laying on my bed listening to the wind and rain battering the window :(
Here's hoping for a dry day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home