Packing and more packing
You've probably guessed from the title what I've been doing this week. I've got pretty much everything together now and in my panniers. I've got lights on the front forks, head tube, seat tube, seat pack and jacket so I'm well covered for all situations.
The bags feel heavy but lighter than I had feared. I've got plenty of energy bars and drinks so the bike should get lighter as the days go by.
It's all starting to feel very real and time is zipping past. My biggest concern at the moment is catching the 5 trains I need to get from home to Whitehaven. As part of this I know getting on and off the trains is going to be a challenge due to the weight and width of the bike with all the luggage attached. I'm sure I'll work it out but it's going to be a lot of faffing around.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 Comments:
Couple of years ago me and Mike went to Portmadog on the bikes which involved lots of swaps. When we hit the west coast main line the one bike rule kicked in and if someone was already on the train with a bike the conductor would lot us on. After missing two trains we found a kebab shop a bought a load of bin bags. We took both wheels off and wrapped them and the frame. With pedals and handlebar ends sticking out there was no hiding what we had done, but technically all we had now was luggage. Not practical I guess for you carrying everything you own! Just reminded me of that episode! I think we where 16 at the time, so maybe more that a couple of years ha ha..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home