What a day
I had a great morning today. The ride from Keswick to Penrith was like traveling through a set of Lakeland picture postcards. Fast flowing rivers, weirs, forests, mountains, the lot.
I got to Penrith around lunch time and headed to Morrison's to get a cheap phone which I did. I made a decision to ride on to Garrigill. I booked a B&B then set off knowing that I was about to enter the Pennines and the biggest peaks and climbs on the ride.
The biggest of all was hartside which was a lung busting and quad exploding climb to over 1900ft. This really hurt although there's a cafe at the top where I got tea and cake to reward myself.
I then rode the last hour to my B&B which is in a very small village in a valley. There's no phone signal, no phone box and no heating in my room and it's freezing!
On the plus side it didn't rain much and there's been more a amazing scenery although much more barren and brutal.
I covered nearly 50 miles today and got the biggest climb out of the way. I plan to cover less miles tomorrow and leave myself an easy run in on day 4.
My body hurts more today and will probably be at least as bad tomorrow. Getting old is no fun!
A comedy moment today was me walking round the supermarket with my panniers, bar bag, saddle pack, drink bottles and helmet in a trolley. I must have looked a right muppet!
Hopefully my body will repair in time for the morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home